Listening section is about 45 to 57 minutes which includes 8 items below
- Summarize Spoken Text
- Multiple-choice, choose multiple answers
- Fill in the blanks
- Highlight correct summary
- Multiple-choice, choose single answer
- Select Missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from Dictation
Tips for Summarize Spoken Text:
- Note taking – all the keywords and repeated words are important.
- Starting the sentence by “The speaker said ….”
- Concentrate on topic sentences and most repeated words.
- Time manage- 3min plan, 5min write, 2min check (Spellings, Grammar).
Tips for Multiple & Single answer choices:
- Please aware that there is Negative marking if you choose the wrong answer. Each wrong answer chosen will deduct 1 mark but not exceed the total mark for that particular item.
- Answers are mostly paraphrased.
- Most of the answers you can find at the end of the text so it is a necessity to maintain focus until the end of the audio.
- Most of the time, Pay close attention to the frequency words (always, often, sometimes, never many, all, never, only… etc.) eliminate those options and find the correct answer.
Tips for Fill in the Blanks:
- Write down the word in given erasable notebook and then transfer to computer
- Check spelling and pay attention to plural words
Tips for Highlight Correct Summary:
- Taking note while listening
- Pay attention to the main idea
- Eliminate incorrect answers
- Usually, the answer contents lot of details are not the correct one
Tips for Missing words (Beep sound):
- Listen for the main idea will help to answer the missing words
Tips for Write from Dictation:
- Close your eyes and hear the text, so you can concentrate and remember it.
- Check for spelling and grammar
Practice listening from here